TRIOS Intraoral Scanner in Lancaster PA
Remember those trays of gooey material that made you gag as your dentist took dental impressions? There’s an easier, more comfortable way! We have installed a TRIOS Intraoral Scanner that takes digital impressions of teeth, gums, oral structures, existing dentures, and implants in less than 60 seconds.
What is a Trios Intraoral Scanner?
The scanner is a small handheld device that we place in your mouth to retrieve extremely accurate, three-dimensional, full-color, images (radiation-free photos) that we can then instantly look at together on a computer screen in our office.
PURPOSE: Trios Intraoral Scanner
Why does this innovative scanning technology matter? The digital impressions gathered by Trios are used to design and produce effective surgical guides and restorations, track gingival changes, and create mock-ups. For example, our scanner records chewing movements that we use to customize restorations, such as tray aligners used to correct crowded or poorly positioned teeth orthodontically. We use TRIOS in the following procedures:
- Dental crowns and bridges
- All-on-4® treatment concept
- On lays and veneers
- Dentures and removable partials
- Full mouth rehabilitation
- Clear braces/tray aligners
- Sleep apnea/TMJ appliances
BENEFITS: Trios Intraoral Scanner
The immediate, hassle-free benefits of Trios are appealing to both patients and doctors.
Check out the following perks that patients enjoy:
- Convenience—leaves no mess/all digital
- Speed—requires about 60 seconds to scan your entire mouth
- Comfort—includes no rubbery impression material in your mouth
- Education—allows you to view 3D images of your mouth
Doctors love this new state-of-art technology because of its:
- Efficiency— works virtually with our laboratories so they receive it immediately
- Research—follows changes in gingiva over the years
- Security—produces digital mock-ups of the proposed treatment
- Accuracy—provides perfect color match and surgical guides for implant surgery
DETAILED AND INFORMATIVE
The detail that is provided by Trios guides Dr. Genetti & Dr. Weierbach in planning and post-operative procedures. He also uses the images to educate and explain the procedures to patients more extensively than was possible with conventional impressions. For patients, this also means fewer visits and maximized consultation time.
At Weierbach & Genetti Prosthodontics, our use of intraoral scanners to fully evaluate the anatomy surrounding the oral areas in question and plan accordingly means we ensure a more desirable outcome every time we see you. The Trios allows Drs. Genetti & Weierbach to pinpoint the exact position of planned restorations before positioning and placing them. From the digital scans to the intra-operative procedure itself, our Trios Intraoral Scanner promises precision and accuracy, both quickly and easily.
For more information regarding our TRIOS Intraoral Scanner, call Weierbach & Genetti Prosthodontics in Lancaster, PA today! Weierbach & Genetti Prosthodontics Office Phone Number 717-560-9190