INFECTION CONTROL MEASURES
Keeping Our Patients and Providers Safe during COVID-19
We hope you and your family have been healthy and safe as we’ve all attempted to comply with the physical distancing orders these past couple of months. We look forward to seeing you soon, and as we slowly and cautiously ease back into in-person appointments and care, we want you to know that our commitment to your safety remains a top priority.
When you come to your next appointment, you’ll find that we’ve made some changes to ensure your care is both safe and comfortable. Infection control has always been of utmost importance to us at Weierbach Prosthodontics, and we assure you that we will continue to adhere to all infection control recommendations made by
- the American Dental Association (ADA),
- the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and
- the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Infection Controls and Precautions
During times like the present, the value of rigorous infection controls and universal precautions is most apparent. Clearly, we all benefit—Dr. Weierbach , Dr. Genetti, our staff, and our patients. We know that a good and safe practice relies on an element of trust. We encourage you to discuss any concerns you might have with us.
Changes to Your Visits
When we confirm your appointment over the phone, we will ask you several COVID-related screening questions. Thank you for your patient cooperation.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR MASK AND YOUR OWN PEN WITH YOU. NO PATIENT WILL ENTER THE OFFICE WITHOUT A MASK.
- Once you’ve parked at our office, please call us Weierbach Prosthodontics Phone Number 717-560-9190 from your car. Your prompt arrival is important and appreciated.
- We will take your temperature with a no-touch digital thermometer as you enter our office. Any patient with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or above will be rescheduled. This same standard is applied to each of our team members upon their arrival each morning.
- Once we’ve taken your temperature, we will immediately escort you back to a dental operatory.
- Social distancing will be maintained at all times.
- Before proceeding with treatment, we will review the COVID-related screening questions with you again and answer any questions you may have.
Changes to Our Office
In addition to the way in which we now conduct our patient care, we’ve made a variety of changes to our office to ensure your safety. We have met and exceeded all Department of Health, CDC, and ADA guidelines. You will find the following changes when you visit our office:
- We’ve reconfigured our reception area to accommodate social distancing, and all magazines and reading material have been removed from the reception area and operatories.
- We’ve installed FDA-approved air purifiers with Mokule PECO technology, which trap and kill bacteria and viruses as small as COVID-19, in the reception room, in our operatories, and throughout our office.
- Every member of our team is required to wear PPE, such as N95 masks, extra D3 mask, face shields, head coverings, dental magnification goggles which seal, scrub tops and bottoms with gowns, in the operatory. Team members will leave their PPE at the office where it will be laundered.
- We use ReLeaf intraoral suction technology to enhance evacuation during dental procedures.
- Hand sanitizer and soap and water are always available in each operatory and our reception area for patients and our team members.
- We’ve set up a one-way flow throughout our office to help maintain social distancing.
- We follow and exceed all OSHA guidelines in terms of sterilization and disinfecting each room between patients. We sterilize all reusable equipment, such as dental handpieces, before every use. To sterilize equipment, we use a device that kills bacteria and viruses with steam, heat, and pressure.
Please call us with any questions you have regarding our updated protocol. Weierbach Prosthodontics Phone Number 717-560-9190